Re: Springer blasts Open Choice criticism

And $700 (U.S.) would buy less than a week's worth of a copyeditor's
time--and that's assuming that you paid them "under the table" without
deductions for Social Security, taxes, etc.  And who would "mind" the
software?  A robot?  In an unheated abandoned shed?

Lisa Dittrich
Managing Editor
Academic Medicine
2450 N Street NW
Washington,D.C. 20037
lrdittrich@aamc.org (e-mail)
202-828-0590 (phone)
202-828-4798 (fax)
Academic Medicine's Web site: www.academicmedicine.org

>>> chief-exec@alpsp.org 9/26/2004 9:53:30 PM >>>

I think you've missed the point about publishers' costs.  They are mostly
to do with people, not software

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
E-mail:  chief-exec@alpsp.org