Berkeley Electronic Press 2004 Pricing, and Nobel Laureate-EditedJournal

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:38:32 -0700
From: Greg Tananbaum <greg@bepress.com>
To: Ann Okerson <ann.okerson@yale.edu>

I would appreciate it if you would post this to the liblicense-l listserv.
Best, Greg

BERKELEY ELECTRONIC PRESS 2004 PRICING, AND
LAUNCH OF NEW NOBEL LAUREATE-EDITED JOURNAL

The Berkeley Electronic Press is pleased to announce its journal pricing
for 2005.  As has been the case since our inception in 2000, the annual
subscription rates for all our titles will remain stable. No annual price
increases will be implemented for any of our 26 titles.  The Berkeley
Electronic Press will also continue to offer a three-year licensing
option, with discounts of 15%.  Please see:

By contrast, some major print publishers have recently announced an
average 5.5% price increase across the board for all of its journals.
This exceeds both our zero percent increase and the rate of inflation.

In keeping with our goal of launching rapidly disseminated, innovative
e-journals, The Berkeley Electronic Press is proud to launch The
Economists' Voice, a major new journal of economic analysis and opinion
found exclusively at http://www.bepress.com/ev .  The journal is edited by
Joseph Stiglitz, a Nobel Laureate professor at Columbia University who has
been both Chairman of the President�s Council of Economic Advisers and
Chief Economist at the World Bank. Co-Editors are Aaron Edlin and Bradford
Delong, both of whom are professors at UC Berkeley and held senior
positions in the Clinton Administration.

The Economists' Voice is a non-partisan forum for economists to present
innovative policy ideas and engaging commentary on important policy issues
of the day. Readers will include professional economists, lawyers, policy
analysts, policymakers, and students of economics. Articles are short,
600-2000 words, and intended to contain deeper analysis than is found on
the Op-Ed page of the Wall Street Journal or New York Times, but to be of
comparable general interest.  Regular Columnists are an all-star cast.
They include three Nobel Laureates, three former chairmen of the
President�s Council of Economic Advisers from both parties, two winners of
the John Bates Clarke Medal for best economist under forty, a founder of
law and economics and judge of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, three who
held senior posts in the White House or Treasury Department See
http://www.bepress.com/ev/columnists.html for a complete listing.

Institutional subscriptions to The Economists' Voice are $300, or $765 for
three years.  See http://www.bepress.com/subscriptions.html for more
details.

The Berkeley Electronic Press
2809 Telegraph Avenue
Suite 202
Berkeley, CA 94705
510-665-1200 ext. 117
510-665-1201(fax)
www.bepress.com

*Please note new address and phone numbers*