RE: Open Access article forthcoming in Serials Review

Serials Review will be publishing a special focus on Open Access as part
of its next issue. Connie Foster is the editor of the journal; I am the
issue editor, and also a contributor. The authors have been selected to
provide as wide a range of views as possible.

We have not announced it yet because some of the contributors, including
myself, have not yet posted their articles, if they choose to post them.
Since this is a special issue, I had hoped to have announced it in a more
co-ordinated fashion.

The complete list of contributors is (in alphabetical order):

  Rick Anderson
  Adam Chesler
  Martin Frank
  Richard Gedye
  David Goodman
  J-C Guedon
  Stevan Harnad
  Sally Morris
  John Regazzi
  Fytton Rowland
  Jan Velterop

I list the first authors only here; some of the papers have one or several
co-authors.

In addition, by courtesy of the publisher (Elsevier), the entire issue
will be available without cost to all on the Science Direct site for a
period of 9 to 12 months after publication.

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University
dgoodman@liu.edu