Re: Taxpayer rights

When I apply for a grant, I include publication costs.  The NIH grants
already pay many publications: many traditional journals have page
charges.  For this you, in fact, get:
"Hosting (for subscribers), searching, peer review," and a wait for
publications and the privilege of turning your copyright over to the
publisher.  Could I get a review of  what it is "that is currently
garnered from the formal publication process?"

Richard D. Feinman
Department of Biochemistry
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
450 Clarkson Avenue