Economist article

>This is a nice case of a mainstream newspaper reporting an interesting
>scientific puzzle for lay readers.

JE:  I love the Economist and I think it's great that it can link to an
Open Access archive for further elucidation, but, please, let's not kid
ourselves and call the Economist mainstream or the urge to know more about
a topic a widespread phenomenon.  This is elite media.  OA of research
materials, if and when it happens, is still going to be of interest only
to a narrow sliver of the population.  The door swings one way:  you can
democratize research publications (maybe), but you can't put the demos
into the academy.

Now, as for Survivor and Hilary Duff . . . .

Joe Esposito