RE: Linking publication with career

Dear Anthony, I certainly agree; poor quality publication can destroy a
journal--the factor I think the most frequently is excessive time to
publication. This might be especially the case, because irregular
publication is sometimes a symtom the the journal is having difficulty in
attracting authors of the quality it wants.

In the positive direction, Anthony, what can you suggest that a publisher
do that would actively help a journal--asides from getting the right
editor. I do not think the sort of advertisements that is often used has
much influence on those who know their field. I do think that visits by
the editors(s)  to make contact with key research groups, as practised
systematically by some publishers, definitely does help,

Yours,

Dr. David Goodman
dgoodman@liu.edu