Re: OA and the disciplinary differential

heatherm@eln.bc.ca writes

> It is my totally subjective and admittedly biased viewpoint that, of the
> sub-areas in the displine of my undergrad major, psychology, cognitive
> science has been advancing at a tremendous rate.  Is it possible that
> the work of Stevan Harnad and his colleagues in developing Cogprints
> http:// cogprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/, is a factor here?

No, because it is too small.

There are only three major discipline based OA archival systems around, in
alphabethical order

arXiv
CiteSeer
RePEc

Each of these differs from the other in numerous ways.

Cheers,

Thomas Krichel                      mailto:krichel@openlib.org
visiting CO PAH, Novosibirsk   http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                             RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel