"Establishing an Institutional Repository"

Following forwarded at request of David Goodman

I have trouble posting to liblicense from where I am-- could you please
send the following in my name.

===============================

Dear Sally and Susan,

It is so obviously absurd that material on Open Acess be sold at a cost to
the user, that I have decided not to bother obtaining access to any
material on the subject that requires payment, or is otherwise difficult
to obtain for reasons of access. (The Library School library is at the
other campus from where I am physically working at the moment.) I doubt it
will prove a handicap, as there is more Open Access material available on
Open Acccess than I could possibly read--as distinct from print or
download.

Thus, I seem to be providing evidence for the ongoing studies of the
effect of OA on citations.
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june04/harnad/06harnad.html.

Dr. David Goodman
dgoodman@liu.edu