BioMed Central invites written submissions on future mechanisms for funding Open Access publishing.

** Apologies for cross-posting **

Please send responses to institutions@biomedcentral.com for the attention
of Natasha Robshaw by August 20th

Thank you, Grace Baynes
___

BIOMED CENTRAL INVITES WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS ON FUTURE MECHANISMS FOR FUNDING
OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHING

BioMed Central is pleased to announce that we are accepting written
submissions to the consultation workshop on future mechanisms for funding
Open Access publishing.

We have received a number of requests to attend the workshop on 31 August.
We are delighted with the interest this has generated, but are unable to
invite further attendees to the consultation. We need to keep the numbers
small enough so that we can have a useful discussion around the table.
BioMed Central has member institutions in more than 40 countries, and we
have tried as far as possible to get a group representative of our
international customers, funding and interest groups.

To enable everyone who wishes to input to do so, we are also offering an
opportunity for those that are interested to send 'written evidence' ahead
of the consultation workshop. If libraries or funding bodies would like to
submit, please respond to one or all of the discussion points below.
Please send your submission to institutions@biomedcentral.com for the
attention of Natasha Robshaw. All submissions should be received by August
20th.

� Payment model for Open Access: membership / article-processing charges
� Payment mechanisms for Open Access; differences and similarities with
  subscriptions
� Role of the library and the funding body in the Open Access world
� Collaboration between institutions/librarians and funding
  bodies: can mechanisms be found to channel funding streams via the
  institution/library to pay for Open Access?

The press release announcing the consultation workshop is available on the
BioMed Central website at
http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/about/pr-releases?pr=20040803
###