Project MUSE News: 2005 MUSE Prices and Content Announced

Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 18:46:21 -0400
From: Melanie Schaffner <melanie@muse.jhu.edu>
To: Muse Admin <muse_admin@chaos.press.jhu.edu>
Subject: Project MUSE News: 2005 MUSE Prices and Content Announced

PROJECT MUSE 2005 PRICES AND CONTENT ANNOUNCED

Project MUSE is now releasing final details on prices and subscription
options and collections and content for the 2005 calendar year
subscription term. This announcement follows an extensive pricing study
and the introduction of a new pricing model for U.S. academic institutions
at the recent American Library Association conference.

Three important documents provide information to assist subscribers with
their renewal plans for the 2005 subscription term. Specifics on new
journal titles, new collections, and changes to current content in MUSE
collections are included in our announcement on 2005 MUSE collections and
content (http://muse.jhu.edu/about/subscriptions/new_titles_2005.html).
Subscription options and changes to the pricing model for 2005 are
detailed in our pricing announcement
(http://muse.jhu.edu/about/subscriptions/new_pricing_2005.html). More
information about the new Project MUSE pricing model is offered in the
"Q&A on Project MUSE's New Pricing Model"
(http://muse.jhu.edu/about/subscriptions/new_intro_2005.html).

Complete pricing details and lists of journals included in the MUSE
collections may be accessed from the 2005 Subscription Plans and
Pricing overview
(http://muse.jhu.edu/about/subscriptions/subscriptions05.html).

Personalized notifications regarding 2005 prices and subscription options
are being sent via email to current MUSE subscribers and consortia
partners. This process may take a few days, and we appreciate your
patience while we distribute this information to over 1,100 libraries
worldwide. It is expected that the notification process will be completed
by the beginning of next week.

###