RE: The UK report, press coverage

The mark is Open Access: reaching the maximum effectiveness (scientific
and societal impact) of the research literature possible with the
technology available. The press is not missing that mark.

Which tactical or strategic method is being used to get to Open Access is
perhaps a secondary mark, not of interest to the press.

The target is Open Access, whichever arrows we use, even if the press is
confused about the colour of the arrows' vanes. What's important is that
they do not lose sight of the target.

Jan Velterop

[SNIP]

Stevan Harnad