BMJ Publishing Group subscription rates for 2005

Apologies for cross posting.

BMJ Publishing Group subscription rates for 2005

Details of our new subscription rates are now available on the BMJ
Journals Library Resource Centre at http://www.bmjjournals.com/lrc. We
would also like to tell you about some other developments at BMJ
Publishing Group:

BMJ and bmj.com

>From 7 January 2005, bmj.com will introduce a limited charging structure
for some of its content. The resulting revenue will help cover the
website's current costs and allow us to fund further developments. In
keeping with our commitment to open access, BMJ have devised a
subscription model that allows for as much free content for all as
possible. To find out more about what?s behind this change read last
year's BMJ Editorial:

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/cgi/content/full/327/7409/241

and visit the Library Resource Centre for subscription rates.

BMJ Journals

The online site licence model based on Small, Medium and Large FTE
categories and introduced in 2004 will remain the same. Institutions may
choose between Print Only, Print with Online or Online Only subscriptions
(please note that Print Only subscriptions do not include online access).
Increase in Frequency - British Journal of Sports Medicine, Emergency
Medicine Journal and Journal of Medical Ethics will be published monthly
and Tobacco Control will be published bi-monthly from 2005.

This year we made the full text back archive on all BMJ Journals FREE to
all 12 months after publication going back as far as 1997 in most cases.
During 2005 we will be working towards the digitisation of the back
archive from 1996 to the first ever publication of all BMJ Journals.

Once digitised, the archive will be free to access online. Expanded
education content - Archives of Disease in Childhood, Journal of
Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry, Heart, British Journal of Sports
Medicine and Occupational and Environmental Medicine publish regular
education sections or editions.

In 2004 we introduced COUNTER compliant usage statistics. Subscribers to
our online journals have been able to monitor and compare usage of our
journals against others in their collection. The Paediatric Asthma website
will close on 31st July 2004. All of the articles found in Paediatric
Asthma will still be available in the respective journals of original
publication as listed on: http://www.paediatricasthma.com

Clinical Evidence

The Clinical Evidence website is undergoing a continual process of
development. Feedback on the re-launched site
http://www.clinicalevidence.com has been very positive - users find it
easier to use, more accessible, and a useful tool for staying up to date.
Further developments in 2005 will help users in applying the evidence in
practice.

New PDA subscriptions are available, so users can now access the best
evidence whenever, wherever they need it. PDA access can be bought as a
stand-alone product, or combined with online access. US Dollar Exchange
Rate BMJ Publishing Group historically fixes its conversion rates based on
thecurrent rate of exchange in July/August annually. In 2004, with a
stronger US dollar, the exchange rate was fixed at US$1.6 to the pound
sterling. For 2005, the exchange rate has been fixed at the rate of
US$1.83, reflecting the actual economic conditions and value of a weaker
US dollar at the time the rate was set. To keep up to date with
developments of BMJ Publishing Group products please visit the Library
Resource Centre on

http://www.bmjjournals.com/lrc

and sign up for our newsletter alerts. You are welcome to send your
comments and suggestions to me at jhalfacre@bmjgroup.com.

For Online Collection sales please email Helen Barraclough at
hbarraclough@bmjgroup.com. Yours faithfully

Julie Halfacre
Product Manager
jhalfacre@bmjgroup.com