Re: open access resources

Brian,

You you've missed some OA/non-OA impact comparisons:

Brody, T., Stamerjohanns, H., Vallieres, F., Harnad, S. Gingras, Y., &
Oppenheim, C. (2004) The effect of Open Access on Citation Impact.
Presented at: National Policies on Open Access (OA) Provision for
University Research Output: an International meeting, Southampton, 19
February 2004. http://opcit.eprints.org/feb19prog.html
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Temp/OATAnew.pdf
and
Comparing the Impact of Open Access (OA) vs. Non-OA Articles in the Same
Journals, D-Lib Magazine 10 (6) June
http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june04/harnad/06harnad.html

Kurtz, Michael J.; Eichhorn, Guenther; Accomazzi, Alberto; Grant,
Carolyn S.; Demleitner, Markus; Murray, Stephen S.; Martimbeau,
Nathalie; Elwell, Barbara. (2003) The NASA Astrophysics Data System:
Sociology, Bibliometrics, and Impact. Journal of the American Society
for Information Science and Technology
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~kurtz/jasis-abstract.html

Kurtz, M.J. (2004) Restrictive access policies cut readership of
electronic research journal articles by a factor of two, Michael J.
Kurtz, Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics, Cambridge, MA
http://opcit.eprints.org/feb19oa/kurtz.pdf

Odlyzko, A.M. (2002) The rapid evolution of scholarly communication."
Learned Publishing 15: 7-19
http://www.catchword.com/alpsp/09531513/v15n1/contp1-1.htm

Cheers, Stevan