RE: Authors and OA (RE: Mandating OA around the corner)

Please don't confuse the institutional self-archiving of peer-reviewed
journal articles -- BOAI-1 (green), done for the sake of providing OA to
the 95% of articles published in the non-OA journals -- with the creation
of alternative OA journals (BOAI-2, gold).

This same point has been discussed many, many times in the American
Scientist Open Access Forum since 1998...

Stevan Harnad