Re: Suggestions for a "free for non-commercial use" license

You might consider a Creative Commons license.

The most restrictive one would be
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs License:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/

This allows noncommercial use with attribution but prohibits derivative
works.

Or, if you are not concerned with (or want to foster)  derivative works
try Attribution-NonCommercial:

(I use this one for a large bibliography.)

It is also possible to require users to produce derivative works that are
licensed under your terms, for example the
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/

More at:

http://creativecommons.org/license/

Best Regards,

Charles W. Bailey, Jr., Assistant Dean for Digital Library
Planning and Development, University of Houston,
Library Administration, 114 University Libraries,
Houston, TX 77204-2000.  E-mail: cbailey@uh.edu.
Voice: (713) 743-9804.  Fax: (713) 743-9811.
http://info.lib.uh.edu/cwb/bailey.htm