Re: Memory sticks on public workstations

Dave,

There might be more responses from a different list such as Web4Lib, but,
fwiw, Taylor University implemented a thin client network about six months
ago. Each thin client machine has four USB ports, two of which are free
to use for USB key drives (a.k.a. memory sticks, jump drives, etc. etc.). This is particularly noteworthy because these machines do not have a hard
drive or floppy drive. We also have scripted access to personal network
folders (each w/50 Mb capacity) from each machine so that students can
also save files that way. As soon as we set these machines up, students
began using them w/key drives. This capability has been popular.

Steve

P.S. We are using HP Compaq Thin Client t5700 (256/256) machines with
Windows XP Embedded, paired with HP Flat Panel Monitor L1730 17" displays.

Steve Oberg
Electronic Resources Librarian &
Assistant Professor
Taylor University