RE: OA and copyright -- Andy Gass quote in LJ News Wire

> Open access switches those, placing content protection behind the need
> to make it as accessible as possible.  I don't think the elimination of
> copyright follows.

I agree, and it's always been my impression that OA advocates generally
saw OA as an issue separate from copyright.  Saying "anyone may read this
article without restriction" is not the same as saying "anyone may copy,
redistribute, etc. this article without restriction."  It's easy to see
how the issues can become conflated, however.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries