RE: Press Release: Open Access journals proven to compete on

Dear Sally,

It is so well known, that ISI gives instructions for removing them from
the impact factor.

Even before that, I, like my colleagues, when we evaluating borderline
titles, look at the non-review content only, and we remind faculty of
this when we sent the issues for  them to examine. I've occasionally
gone to Science Citation Reports to examine, article by article, if the
non-review articles had any citations. You can do it even without the
contents page, if you simply rule out the beginning article in each
issue.  Salting the mine will deceive only the novices.

David
Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor,
Long Island University, Brookville, NY