P.S.: RE: EMBO Journal / Archival access to paid-for content

Apparently, my posting caused some confusion and the misunderstanding that
I intended to criticize NPG's policy with respect to Archival access to
paid- for content from the EMBO Journal for former OUP subscribers that
did not renew.

Quite the contrary: I am satisfied that NPG acknowledges the former
subscriber's rights under the former publisher's license and think the DVD
solution is ok.

It may not be very convenient but after all it is needed only for an
interim period until the material is becoming open access again on the
publisher's servers. (The last paragraph in my mail was meant as an
apology and explanation why I summarized NPG's position instead of leaving
it to NPG to do so.)

Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, GASCO Nature Consortium