Re: Olbers' Paradox and OA

Ann is correct.  LOCKSS allows libraries to cache e-journals based on
local collection priorities.  The Stanford LOCKSS team released the first
production version of the software earlier this month.  We are grateful to
the libraries and publishers who have helped us get this far. Much work
remains. Building a digital preservation system is a continual process,
which will by definition continue over the very long term.  We welcome
others to pitch in: to define what needs to be done; and to help do it.

Vicky Reich
Director LOCKSS Program
Stanford University Libraries
http://lockss.stanford.edu