Re: Reed Elsevier CEO comments

The Esposito article does not entirely mesh with comments I get from
librarians about Elsevier practices.  But the problem is simple.
Elsevier, and everybody else, can offer OA online and also a paid
subscription.  If the paid subscription option is so useful it will
survive.  For example, I have always had access to Nature and Science
through our Institution but I still subscribe.  No doubt Elsevier has
many journals like that.  If not, money is being wasted.

Richard D. Feinman
Department of Biochemistry
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
450 Clarkson Avenue