From: Jennifer Vigil [mailto:jvigil@burnham.org]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 10:31 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Posting Electronic Copies of Papers published by our Institute

I'm in bit of a time crunch and am trying to find something in writing
that either states Yes or No to the following question:

Our president would like to maintain a database of papers published by
authors at our Institute. He would like to post PDFs of all articles
published and have them available internally on our intranet.  We do have
the Electronic Amendment from CCC which might cover papers that are
published in journals to which we have an electronic subscription, but for
papers published in journals to which we don't subscribe hasn't the author
signed over copyright? I don't think this is legal unless the author
obtains permission from the publisher each time they publish a paper,
however I'm trying to find something in writing that states this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jennifer Vigil
jvigil@burnham.org