Re: DC Principles

Allow me to reiterate that many open access advocates - and I claim to be
one of them -, when they speak about OA journals, also advocate that the
cost of publishing should also be supported by agencies or foundations
financing research in the first place. This is what the Bethesda, Wellcome
Trust and Berlin Declarations were all about.

Claiming that OA adocates want the publishing costs should be supported
"solely by authors and their institutions" is something of a red herring,
IMHO.

Best,

Jean-Claude