From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Elizabeth_R_Lorbeer@rush.edu
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 5:50 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Pay Per View type licensing agreements

Dear Lib-License-L:

I am inquiring if any academic institution has negotiated an agreement
with a publisher which allows for access to non-subscribed titles through
seamless pay-per-view.  I am seeking, in particular, instances where the
agreement includes a mix of annually subscribed titles besides
accessibility to the rest of the content through pay-per-view.  I am not
interested in a "bundle" deal, nor to purchase all available content at a
reduced price.

If you have such as agreement, how do you pay?  Do you receive a monthly
invoice, or deposit money on account?  Are subscription agents able to
handle pay-as-you-go invoicing?  Also, how do you monitor the end user's
activity for abuse?  Is it possible to monitor usage abuse by the
sub-class D IP range and how do you deal with access via a proxy server?
Or, do you limit access by username and password?

Sincerely,

Liz Lorbeer
Email: Elizabeth_R_Lorbeer@rush.edu