RE: 2nd Nordic Conference on Scholarly Communication .agendas/Watkinson

As the first invited speaker in Lund I am certainly not aware of any
hidden/special agenda. In an 'holistic' approach to scholarly
communication many of the issues are debates that need to be addressed
within the scholarly community themselves and this has arguably happened
only in fragmented fashion to date.I am certainly aware of academic
practices in relation to commercial publishing and, as Anthony knows,
Michael Mabe of Elsevier forcefully put the Elsevier view via their author
study at the Fiesole conference in Oxford last July! Anthony should come
to Lund to discuss perceived imbalances?  Regards Colin

Colin Steele. Emeritus Fellow
University Librarian, Australian National University (1980-2002)
and Director Scholarly Information Strategies (2002-2003)
W.K. Hancock Building (043)
The Australian National University
Canberra  ACT 0200
Australia