RE: PLoS

If OA works, we can expect library budgets to be smaller, not larger, as
they will not have to include the extremely high journal prices now paid;
some of the money would presumably used as part of the necessary payment
for author fees. I hope it will not be the library that administers author
fees for the university--there are many more appropriate offices, AW and
DP do not in my opinion actually disagree--there are substantial
difficulties, and those who, like AW know of them in detail do well to
point them out.

David Goodman
Palmer School of Library & Information Science, LIU
dgoodman@liu.edu