Mary Ann Liebert to Launch New Electronic Journals Site

Mary Ann Liebert to Launch New Electronic Journals Site
Signs Exclusive Agreement With Atypon Systems

LARCHMONT, New York
March 1, 2004

Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers announced today that it has selected
Atypon Systems to develop and maintain a new online platform for its
electronic journals program.  The new platform -- titled MAL Online --
will launch this fall.

Based on Atypon's award-winning Literatum electronic publishing platform,
the new site will utilize PDFPlus technology, which imbeds citation links
directly in PDF files.  Forward-linking technology will also link users to
additional papers that have cited a given paper, allowing for more
complete research.

This advanced platform will offer a variety of enhanced features in both
performance and utility, including a fully customizable interface and
e-mail alert program.  Librarians and system administrators will have
access to the most detailed usage statistics package available, thanks to
Atypon's innovative technology.

"This rebirth of MAL Online will give our customers -- libraries,
corporations, and individuals -- amazing new tools to use our content in
innovative ways.  We're on the forefront of science and medicine, and
Atypon is on the forefront of electronic content delivery, so it's a
perfect marriage," said Tom Mulak, Vice President of MAL Online.

In the coming months, subscribers to Mary Ann Liebert's peer-reviewed
journals will be contacted regarding the new MAL Online site and how the
impending changes will affect them.  Customers are encouraged to visit
www.LiebertPub.com/MALOnline for the latest information on this new site.

Founded in 1980, Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. is universally acknowledged for
establishing authoritative peer-reviewed journals in the most promising
areas of biotechnology, biomedical research, clinical medicine and
surgery, and law.

Contact:
Kevin Cohn
Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.