From: Joseph J. Esposito [mailto:espositoj@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 5:13 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Help!!!!!!

Can someone point me to a summary of the activities at research libraries
to create meta-search engines?  I am interested in learning how extensive
this activity is, whether the development is being done by the
institutions themselves or by integrating third-party search tools, where
this puts Google (and the forthcoming Longhorn) in the scheme of things,
and what were the libraries' motivation to get involved with this
undertaking (which I imagine to be non-trivial, as the Valley geeks say).

Thank you for your help.

Joe Esposito