RE: BiomedCentral Revised Institutional Membership Model

I agree with Fytton. The various proposals and combinations in the OA
arena have gotten altogether too complicated, and are beginning to
resemble the subscription schemes of some of the larger commercial
publishers;). I have supported BMC from the first--I think, though, that
it has now shown by experience that this particular combination won't
work.. For this particular aspect to not work out should not be taken as a
criticism, but as a positive step towards finding the best model with
which to go forwards. This is unexplored territory, and we have only
ongoing experience as our guide

David Goodman
LIU school of Library and Information Science
dgoodman@liu.edu