re: Open Access and the ALA

I agree 100% that open access is an area that ALA should be involved in. At the same time, how many ALA publications are even available full-text? If they are online, how much of the content is even available?

For a library organization, ALA is far behind in online publishing. I
find it fascinating that there doesn't seem to be a clear model in place
for our major library organization to have electronic publications. MLA
can do it...why can't ALA?

Emily McElroy
Collection Development & Acquisitions Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
phone: 541-346-1646