ALPSP evidence to Science & Technology Committee

As readers of this list may be aware, the Science & Technology Committee
of the UK's House of Commons recently announced an Inquiry into Scientific
Publications.  With a great deal of helpful input from Council and other
members, we have prepared our written submission which went in today - you
will find it linked from 'What's New' on the home page of the ALPSP
website (www.alpsp.org)

We shall also be making a presentation at a preliminary workshop next week
which has been organised by the Wellcome Foundation (Sue Thorn, our former
Chair, will be speaking on our behalf - I and Phil Hurst (ALPSP Treasurer)
will also be present).  In addition, we have been advised that I am likely
to be called to give oral evidence as one of a panel of not-for-profit
publishers on 1 March;  the Committee will be seeing a panel of commercial
publishers separately.

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
South House, The Street, Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK

Phone:  +44 (0)1903 871686 Fax:  +44 (0)1903 871457=20
E-mail:  chief-exec@alpsp.org
ALPSP Website  http://www.alpsp.org

Our journal, Learned Publishing, is included in the=20
ALPSP Learned Journals Collection, www.alpsp-collection.org