RE: Open access and the ALA

Rick Anderson wrote: "Has anyone suggested to the American Library
Association (and its various sections and committees) that it lead by
example on the open access front?"

I suggested something like that in my blog a couple of weeks ago, but as
far as ALA is concerned, I'm a nobody.

http://www.eclecticlibrarian.net/blog/archives/000285.html

Anna Creech, MLS
Serials & Electronic Resources
Eastern Kentucky University
(859) 622-3062

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. ... They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at
the desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the
revolution, man. I wouldn't mess with them.  You know, they've had their
budgets cut. They're paid nothing. Books are falling apart. The
libraries are just like the ass end of everything, right?"
    --Michael Moore