Live online discussion about open access

Join a live, online discussion with Peter Suber, a professor of philosophy
at Earlham College and author of a blog and a newsletter on the
open-access movement, about whether the push to make journal subscriptions
free could revolutionize scientific publishing and save universities
money, on Thursday, January 29, at 1 p.m., U.S. Eastern time.
http://chronicle.com/colloquylive/2004/01/openaccess/

This live chat accompanies a long article I wrote on the topic, which
appears in the Chronicle of Higher Education this week. Ann Okerson
mentioned it on the listserv earlier. Here's the link:

"The Promise and Peril of Open Access" http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01001.htm

Two sidebars accompany the main article:

"2 Routes to Open Access: Archives and Institutional Subscriptions"
http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01101.htm

"Publishers Fear Government Intervention"
http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01201.htm

I'd welcome feedback as well as questions and comments for the live chat on Thursday.

Thanks very much,

--
Lila Guterman
The Chronicle of Higher Education