Re: Request for 2004 list prices for EMBO Journal in USD

Now this is getting complicated (as usual, *sigh*).
Apparently, NPG used a 3 Tier model

Small (1-2,999): $2,250
Medium (3,000-11,999): $3,000
Large (12,000-20,000): $3,600

(closely following corresponding FTE ranges for the Nature Research and
Review Journals) until late September 2003 and then switched over to the
new 5 Tier model mentioned below that will also hold for the Nature
Research and Review Journals from 2004 on (if your institution renewed
its site licenses for the Nature Journals under the old model, be
prepared for big price increases next year. More on that later.)
So please send me info on your EMBO quotes if they do NOT fit into the
no longer valid 3 tier model given above. (Another scheme seems to have
been used for research institutes, where the relevant FTE bands seem to
have been scaled down to 1-100, 101-500, 501-1000 R&D FTE.)

My current guess is (Print incl. Online, resp. E-only),
FTE ranges for Academic Institutions (Research Institutes):

   1-  499 (  1- 100)	$2250 $2025
 500- 1999 (101- 500)	$3000 $2775
2000- 5000 (501-1000)	$3600 $3375
5001-10000		$4165 $3940
     10000+		$5500 $5275

Bernd-Christoph Kaemper, Stuttgart University Library