Re: Looking an open access gift horse in the mouth

Many thanks to Brian Lavoie for his comments. I essentially agree with
them.  If I did not insist on these elements, it is mainly because they
are, in a sense, second order and, therefore, a bit more difficult to
evaluate. This incidentally does not decrease their significance or
importance. However, pointing out that other sources of financing are
emerging should quickly bring us to the point that the cost of research
should include the publishing costs and research funding simply has begun
to examine this issue in earnest, which is a step in the right direction,
IMHO.

Many thanks again, jcg

Le 16 Janvier 2004 16:50, Lavoie,Brian a �crit :