RE: Battle to control Internet threatens open access

Let me add my little piece of opinion :

according to what will be the results of the vote this autumn, we may have
to indicate our credit card number, fingerprints, photograph and bank
accounts.

Library ISREC - BIL
Ch. Boveresses 155
CH-1066 Epalinges
tel. +41(21)692.57.84
www.unil.ch/ib/bwelcome.html
www.isrec.ch

At 01:16 08.01.2004 -0500, Morgan, James J wrote:
>From the context I think the author would have more accurately spoken of
the "Web", and the revolution inspired by the development of the http
protocol in the early 90's rather than the Internet.  Although older
technologies, such as listservs and newsgroups also made for powerful
changes.  It is hyperbolic to speak of the internet being designed for
these purposes, although I suppose the creators of http and newsgroups had
the outlook the author describes.

Jim Morgan
(317) 274-1408;morganj@iupui.edu