Project MUSE Focus Groups at ALA

Posted at the request of Project MUSE.

Subject: Project MUSE - additional Focus Groups on Pricing Models at ALA

The following email message was initially sent to the Project MUSE
subscriber list.

In addition to the Hearing on Pricing Models for Project MUSE customers,
there will be two separate Focus Groups held on Sunday and Monday morning.
Please advise us if you are interested in participating in the Focus
Groups.

The sessions are directed to librarians with different areas of expertise,
and we hope to represent the full range of Project MUSE customers and
potential customers. We are not looking for consensus, but to explore a
variety of responses to our ideas.

Both sessions will be held from 7:30 to 9:00 am, and will include a light
breakfast. They will be held at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 601 Pacific Hwy,
San Diego. (Hotel 5 on the ALA map).

Session 1: Sunday, January 11, 2004:  User services librarians (includes
reference, bibliographic instruction, and access librarians)

Session 2: Monday, January 12, 2004: Collection development and
acquisitions librarians (includes electronic resources librarians)

These groups will have only 10 participants each, which means we are
limited to no more than 20 participants. (If you are not chosen, we want
to thank you for volunteering.)

If you are interested, please reply to
october.ivins@mindspring.com and
judy.luther@informedstrategies.com

In your response, please include this information:
* Your name, title, institution, and full contact information
* If you are a Project MUSE customer and how long
* Which topical session/day is appropriate for you.  (Please explain if you
  feel you could address either set of concerns.)

As consultants for Project MUSE, we will facilitate the group discussions.
Please let us know if you would like to participate by Monday, December
29, 2003.  We will inform the selected participants by Friday January 2.

Thank you for your consideration.

(Ms.) October Ivins, MLS
Digital Content and Access Solutions
phone and voice mail 781 793-9283
october.ivins@mindspring.com

Judy Luther  MLS, MBA
Informed Strategies LLC
610-645-7546 EST
judy.luther@informedstrategies.com

P.S. If you can't attend a focus group, watch your email for an invitation
to participate in a web-based survey in January.