Publisher/Vendor-Library Relations Committee at ALA

From: Bob Nardini
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 11:21 AM
To: 'LIBLICENSE-L-request@list.yale.edu'
Subject: Please post

The Publisher/Vendor-Library Relations Committee of ALCTS has been known
for many years as a sponsor of timely programs and forums on issues of
wide interest throughout the ALA community.  Now, PVLR is being
reorganized as an ALCTS "Interest Group," to create a largely
self-governing body enabled to mount programs, sponsor publications, and
conduct other activities in support of communication and collaboration
among the publishers, vendors, and librarians who do business with one
another.

Please join us at the ALA Midwinter meeting in San Diego if you would like
to be a part of the new PVLR.  We are looking for publishers, vendors, and
librarians with energy and ideas who enjoy exploring the issues
surrounding the business end of librarianship.

Our meeting will be held on Saturday, January 10, 2-4 pm, in the Boardroom
of the Radisson Harbor View Hotel.

You might also want to attend PVLR's open forum in San Diego, "Here Today,
Gone Tomorrow: Why Online Content Disappears."  We are pleased to have a
group of presenters which includes Davies Menefee, Director, Library
Relations, the Americas, Elsevier; Sam Brooks, Senior Vice President,
EBSCO; and Dawn Conway, Content & Business Development, LexisNexis.  Our
moderator is Rick Lugg, of R2 Consulting.

The forum will take place on Monday, January 12, 9:30-11 am, New
York/Orlando Rooms of the San Diego Marriott Hotel.

We hope to see many of you in San Diego.