AIP/APS Virtual Journals to Add IEEE Publications

Of possible interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 12:39:27 -0500
From: Carol Meyer <cmeye12@attglobal.net>
Subject: AIP/APS Virtual Journals to Add IEEE Publications

Below please find a news release announcing a partnership between AIP and
IEEE.  Please let me know if you have need more information or have any
questions.

Carol A. Meyer
Maxwell Publishing Consultants
15 Maxwell Road
Winchester, MA 01890

+1 781 729 6271
Fax: +1 781 729 2676
meyercarol@comcast.net

___

AIP/APS Virtual Journals to Add IEEE Publications

For immediate release, December 1, 2003, London,

UK--Journals published by the IEEE will soon join the Virtual Journals in
Science and Technology (VJ), sponsored by the American Institute of
Physics (AIP) and the American Physical Society (APS), the three societies
announced today. Articles and abstracts from the IEEE's 120 journals will
appear in the VJs in early 2004.

Virtual Journals are online publications that collect relevant papers from
a broad range of science journals. The series currently includes five VJs
including nanoscale science, biological physics, quantum information,
superconductivity, and ultrafast science. The Virtual Journals
(www.virtualjournals.org) will now link to the most significant articles
from the latest issues of more than 175 participating source journals,
including Science and Nature.

"Participating in the Virtual Journals supports the IEEE's mission to
advance knowledge about technology," said Anthony Durniak, IEEE Staff
Executive of Publications. "The Virtual Journals have become an essential
cross-publisher research tool, and we are delighted that our inclusion can
provide researchers with easy access to highly cited IEEE publications,
and contribute to the advancement of science."

Marc H. Brodsky, AIP Executive Director and VJ Series Co-Editor noted,
"The IEEE brings a wealth of authoritative content and a reputation of
excellence to the program. We are very pleased they have joined in this
significant collaboration."

"Our editors' ability to choose relevant articles from the extensive
library of high quality IEEE articles will extend the VJs' appeal to
engineers and computer scientists," concurred APS Editor-in-Chief and VJ
Series Co-Editor Martin Blume.

The American Physical Society (www.aps.org) is a not-for-profit
corporation dedicated to the advancement and diffusion of the knowledge of
physics. APS represents more than 42,000 physicists worldwide and is a
leader in the creation of e-journals. It publishes leading international
physics journals, organizes major scientific meetings, and provides strong
outreach programs in education and international and public affairs.

The American Institute of Physics (www.aip.org) is a not-for-profit
corporation chartered in 1931 to provide publishing and distribution
services for scientific and technical societies. In addition to the
Virtual Journals series, its online publishing platform, ScitationSM,
currently hosts e-journals of many learned society publishers, as well as
AIP's own journals and conference proceedings.

IEEE (The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
(www.ieee.org) is the world's largest technical professional society with
more than 380,000 members in approximately 150 countries. Through its
members, the IEEE is a leading authority on areas ranging from aerospace,
computers and telecommunications to biomedicine, electric power and
consumer electronics. A not-for-profit organization, the IEEE produces 30
percent of the world's literature in the electrical and electronics
engineering and computer science fields, and has developed more than 900
active industry standards. The organization also sponsors or cosponsors
more than 300 international technical conferences each year. ####

Background Information:
http://www.virtualjournals.org <http://www.virtualjournals.org/>
http://www.aip.org <http://www.aip.org/>
http://www.ieee.org <http://www.ieee.org/>