From: Hamaker, Chuck [mailto:cahamake@email.uncc.edu]
Sent: 19 November 2003 23:00
To: 'liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu'
Subject: Lancet on open access

[SNIP]

Because as I said before publishers do not have a long term history of
preserving their own publications--they have to go to libraries to get
copies of what they published. In spite of Elsevier's recent response I
haven't had a publisher yet indicate all copies they digitized for back
files came exclusively from the publisher's in-house archives. Pergamon
MIGHT have been the exception.

Chuck

---