RE: Lancet November 8th issue on Open Access

A reaction to Jill Emery

... Just for fun and to see what would come up, I did a Google(TM) search
under the Images tab for "Saint Jerome, patron saint of librarians" which
resulted in no images being found...

because:

As far as I know is Saint Laurence patron saint of librarians and not
Saint Jerome. Saint Jerome is the patron saint of the scientists and
translators. Untill now we do have research, and storage and retrieval
secured by Saint Jerome and Saint Laurence.

So we need a third patron saint for internet publishing. So we need to
call the patron saint of internet Isodorus (of Sevilla). These three
saints are the holy trinity of modern publishing: scientific research,
storage and retrieval, and publishing on internet ;-)

With kindness,

Han Belt
Walaeus Library

Leiden University Medical Center