interesting on Amazon

The Amazon home page this morning had a 'letter' from Jeff Bezos
(annoyingly posted in non-text format -- it's a picture of a letter, so I
can't just swipe and copy it) with an interesting new feature.  As from
today, they offer 'Search Inside the Book,' a feature that lets you search
full text of more than 120,000 books -- some 33,000,000 pages.  You enter
your search terms in the usual search box and if they score 'hits' in
books with this feature, you get the usual entry for a book with a sample
of the 'hits' below it.  It's offered as a device for finding the book you
want:  I can't tell yet whether I think it would be useful, but they are
clearly proud of it.

Jim O'Donnell
Georgetown University