Ann Okerson received ALPSP Award

Ann Okerson received the ALPSP Award for Services to Publisher/Library
Relations

I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say congratulations for a very well
deserved award and many thanks for all of your work on our behalf - Here's
the announcement from their web page

http://www.alpsp.org/awards/awards22003.htm#PLR :

"There was no doubt in the judges' minds that the 2003 award should go to
the LIBLICENSE project, a fabulous ongoing educational tool which is
dedicated to informing communities and bringing them closer together. Ann
Okerson has been its guiding star and has done a superb job in crafting
the website and email discussion list. The website provides information on
a wide range of issues. It shows a "model license" - the product of a
couple of years' development between academic librarians and
not-for-profit publishers in the US. In addition, a huge amount has been
invested in developing and testing the LIBLICENSE software, which is
freely downloadable and helps anyone write their own licenses. The
discussion list now has more than 5000 moderated messages and is
searchable. Its conversations and debates have gone a long way to help
librarians and publishers to better understand the difficulties and
challenges faced. In addition, it has introduced the players to one
another making it easier to cross the divide that then leads to compromise
and problem solving."

The ALPSP is an international membership organization, based in the UK, of
over 270 learned and professional society publishers.

Kathy Katherine A. Perry
VIVA Director
703/993-4652
703/993-4662 (fax)