Re: Owner of Dewey Decimal System Sues Library-Themed Hotel

>From the OCLC explanations that I have seen, the issue is trademark
rather than copyright. As the LJ Academic NewsWire reported:

>Joseph Dreitler, a trademark lawyer with a firm that
>represents OCLC, termed the Library Hotel case "straight-
>out trademark infringement."

A companion article, also quoting Dreitler, asserted that OCLC was simply
seeking an acknowledgement by the hotel that DDC was an OCLC trademark and
was not seeking payment.  According to Dreitler, the hotel refused to
provide such a document acknowledging the trademark.

kent mulliner, ohio university