Re: License problem with American Geophysical Union

If the jurisdiction is not spelt out, and a dispute arises over the
agreement, then there is a preliminary round of litigation to decide where
the case is to be heard, and under what jurisdictional rules the agreement
is to be interpreted.  This will double the cost of litigation, and also
lead to ambiguity of interpretation.  Recommending that jurisdiction
clauses be deleted without explaining the consequences - which are highly
technical/legal - is to do a disservice to those being "advised".

It may sound trivial, but it isn't.

John Cox

John Cox
Managing Director