Re: publisher copyright agreements routinely violate federal regs

You are misreading these provisions.  The INFORMATION is available to the
public.  Publishers don't care a hoot about information or ideas.
Publishers work with the tangible expression of ideas, which is protected
by copyright.  Ideas are intangible, and no one owns them (outside the
world of patents and trade secrets, which is beyond the scope of this
thread).  This is an apples-and-oranges discussion.  Copyright is a weak
law.  It has nothing to do with ideas and thus cannot in any way interfere
with the dissemination of ideas.  Joe

> Could a publisher who seeks exclusive rights from authors please explain
> why they continue to do this? Are you unaware of these provisions? Or am I
> misreading these provisions?

***