Requesting User Information and Policy Agreement Prior to Data Exports

Question regarding the request of user information and policy agreement
prior to data exports:

I work for a company that markets primarily to academic institutions. We
are developing a new online product and anticipate requiring users to
"accept" or "agree" to a clear statement whenever downloading or exporting
data from the database.  The institution will have agreed to some Terms of
Service when purchasing, of course, but we still want to communicate with
individual users that there are limits on what we want them to do with the
data.

The question is: Does requiring users to enter names or affiliations in
order to download data present any kind of issues with privacy/freedom in
the academic or library environment?

We are thinking of including the following on at least the first version
of the data download screen:

- Asking users for name
- Asking them for affiliation
- Asking them for e-mail address (which they'll need to provide anyway in order to export)
- Asking them to click "agree/accept" on some statement like "I agree that these data are to be used for educational or personal use only, and that these data cannot be resold or used for other commercial purposes, posted on a subscription or free site, or forwarded beyond this initial export."

Kind regards,
Patrick MacDougall