New position with the Orbis Cascade Alliance

The message below is of possible interest to colleagues on this
listserv.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Feel free to forward to interested associates.

Debi Baker				Orbis Cascade Alliance
Projects Manager			ddbaker@darkwing.uoregon.edu
1299 University of Oregon               voice: (541) 346-1832
Eugene, OR 97403-1299                   fax:   (541) 346-1968

The Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortium of academic institutions in
Oregon and Washington, announces an opening for the position of Electronic
Resources Program Manager.  Following a recent merger that doubles the
size of the consortium, the ER Program Manager will expand and develop an
already successful program to reach a larger membership with a broader set
of products and initiatives.

The ER Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and works with
consortium staff and committees to develop and sustain the Orbis Cascade
Alliance group purchase program for databases, ejournals, ebooks, and
related products.  This position is charged with developing an existing
successful program to serve an expanded consortium membership, providing
expertise and consultation services for member libraries, and extending
selected purchases to non-member libraries.

This is a great new position with a successful consortium in a beautiful
part of the country.  We have a fabulous staff, enthusiastic membership,
and lots of interesting new initiatives to explore.

For more information please contact me and see
http://libweb.uoregon.edu/orbis/licensing/progmgr/adv.html

The Orbis Cascade Alliance will have three representatives at the next
ICOLC meeting so please see us in San Diego as well: John F. Helmer, Debi
Baker, and Lynn Chmelir.

This position closes on September 30, 2003.

 John F. Helmer
 Executive Director
 Orbis Cascade Alliance

 jhelmer@uoregon.edu