Re: copyright protection paper

The RoMEO analysis reported only on what was explicitly written in the
publishers' agreements.  Thus if they did not have or mention a US Gov
option then it wasn't counted.  About 50% of the agreements were non-US.
Similarly, if a publisher did not explicitly permit self-archiving, even
if they would allow it after individual negotiation, it was not considered
a true usage right.  This is all reported in the article at
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ls/disresearch/romeo/RoMEO%20Studies%204.pdf

Best
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Gadd, Academic Librarian (Engineering)
Editor, Library and Information Research
Pilkington Library, Loughborough University,
Loughborough, LE11 3TU
Tel +44 (0)1509 222344
Fax +44 (0)1509 223993
e.a.gadd@lboro.ac.uk