NYLINK and Blackwell Publishing license signed

- - PRESS RELEASE - -

Media Contact - 	For Immediate Release
Emily Gillingham
Blackwell Publishing
Tel: +44 (0)1865 476425
Fax: +44 (0)1865 471425
emily.gillingham@oxon.blackwellpublishing.com

Nylink and Blackwell Publishing Announce Agreement

Malden, Massachusetts - August 29 2003 - Nylink and Blackwell Publishing
are pleased to announce that they have agreed a license arrangement for
Nylink members wishing to access Blackwell's online journal collections.
The license, agreed after several months of negotiation from both parties,
will help university, college and other New York state library members of
Nylink to purchase access to Blackwell's 629 highly cited, peer reviewed
journals, many published for scholarly and professional societies.

Benefits of the Nylink/Blackwell Publishing license include access to all
available online back-issues of the journals for faculty, researchers and
students both working within the participating sites, as well as
off-campus.  Nylink member libraries wishing to take advantage of this new
license agreement should contact Diane Conroy at 781-388-8354 or via email
at dconroy@bos.blackwellpublishing.com.

"We are delighted to have executed this landmark Agreement with Nylink",
said Deanna Graham, Journal Sales Manager - Americas, for Blackwell
Publishing Inc.  "This is a vital step in ensuring that universities and
colleges in New York State receive maximum benefit from the research
performed by leading scholars in the areas of science, technology,
medicine, humanities and social sciences".

Mary-Alice Lynch, Executive Director of Nylink noted that, "Blackwell
Publishing is a key electronic content provider that offers valuable
resources for the academic and research community. We are delighted to
have entered into an agreement with them that will provide our libraries
with ease of purchasing and the most cost-effective access possible."

About Nylink

Nylink, established in 1973 as The SUNY/OCLC Network, is a not-for-profit
membership organization for all types of libraries and information
organizations throughout New York State and surrounding areas.

As an OCLC-affiliated network, Nylink offers a range of cataloging,
resource sharing and reference services to libraries. Additionally, Nylink
provides training, support and consulting services for library staff on a
broad range of technology-related topics, and facilitates group purchasing
opportunities to help libraries obtain cost-effective alternatives to
electronic information.

Nylink's goal is to assist and provide our members with the information,
training and support they need while maintaining our high level of service
and commitment.

About Blackwell Publishing

Blackwell Publishing is the world's leading, independent society publisher
with offices in the UK, US, Japan, Denmark, Australia, Germany and France.
Blackwell publishes over 670 journals in partnership with more than 550
academic and professional societies.  This year alone, Blackwell will
publish over 600 text and reference books across a wide range of academic
and professional subjects.  For more information on Blackwell Publishing,
please visit www.blackwellpublishing.com or www.blackwell-synergy.com.